Cough is a reflex action to keep your throat and airways clear. Productive coughing brings up mucus while dry, unproductive cough, as result of pharyngeal irritation, does not.
Different types of cough sounds are characteristic of different health disorders. They could be caused due to a minor problem such as the common cold or a serious illness like pneumonia.
- Dry cough could be a result of allergies, cold or flu.
- Productive cough could be indicative of pneumonia or bronchitis.
- Chronic cough lasts longer than three weeks and may be caused by asthma, smoking or sinusitis.
- Consult a doctor if the cough remains for longer than a week.
- Drink warm water and herbal tea.
- Refrain from drinking cold beverages and alcohol.
- Take Vitamin C.
You May Try:
Septilin is an immunomodulator, which improves the body's defense mechanism. It also treats chronic infections. The herbs present in Septilin possess anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory and anti-exudative properties, which provide symptomatic relief from cough.
Koflet provides effective relief from cough. Honey, present in Koflet, is a potent expectorant, which is beneficial in the treatment of chronic cough, whooping cough, chronic bronchitis and asthma. When administered in the morning, the formulation helps in the treatment of influenza.
Koflet Lozenges soothe the throat and respiratory passages and decrease the severity of cough and nasal congestion when administered to patients with upper respiratory tract infections. The herbs present in this formulation have antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic properties. The lozenges are useful in treating colds, cough, whooping cough and bronchitis. The immunomodulatory, antitussive and expectorant properties of Tulasi are helpful in treating cough.