Total no. of papers:116 - Clinical Papers:24, Experimental Papers:92
(Research papers based on Indications)
In the prevention and treatment of viral hepatitis
- Liver disorders during pregnancy and their management
Arun Kumar Mitra, MBBS, DGO, MO, FICOG, FRCOG PhD (London) Former Professor and Head, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College. Calcutta. Pralhad S. Patki*, M.D., Head - Medical Services and Clinical Trials S.K. Mitra, M.D., Executive Director R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bengaluru, India. The Antiseptic 2008; 105 (4): 193-196
- Meta-analysis of 50 Phase III clinical trials in evaluation of efficacy and safety of Liv.52 in infective hepatitis
Kolhapure, S.A., M.D., Senior Medical Advisor, and Mitra, S.K., M.D., Executive Director,Research and Technical Service, R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bengaluru, India, Medicine Update (2004): 12(2), 51-61.
- Comparative efficacy of five indigenous compound formulations in patients of acute viral hepatitis
Dange, S.V., Lecturer, Patki, P.S., Reader, Pawar, S.S., Laboratory Technician, Phadke, S.A., Associate Professor and Shrotri, D.S., Professor and Head, Departments of Pharmacology and Microbiology, B.J. Medical College, Pune, India, Maharashtra Medical Journal (1989): (XXXVI), 5, 75.
- Liv.52 in acute viral hepatitis – Results of a double-blind study
Habibullah, C.M., Vinod Chandra, Padmanaban, C.G. and Ramakrishna, R., Department of Gastroenterology, Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, The Antiseptic (1978): (75), 8, 491.
- Efficacy of an indigenous compound preparation Liv.52 in acute viral hepatitis – A double-blind study
Sama, S.K., Krishnamurthy, L., Ramachandran, K. and Krishnan Lal, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, Indian Journal of Medical Research (1976): 5, 738.
- New Drug Development using Korean Herbal Formulae: A model role study
Jung-Hyo Cho, Jing-Hua Wang, Chang-Gue Son*
*Liver-Immune Department of Daejeon Oriental Hospital of Daejeon University. 22-5 Daeheung-dong, Jung-gu, Daejeon, 301-724, South Korea
The Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine. 2009. Vol.30. No.6. 96-102.
- Comparative hepatoprotective activity of Liv-52 and livomyn against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury in rats
V.D. Sapakal, R.V. Ghadge, R.S. Adnaik, N.S. Naikwade, C.S. Magdum
Department of Pharmacology, Appasaheb Birnale College of Pharmacy, Sangli, Maharashatra, India
International Journal of Green Pharmacy. April-June 2008.
- Hepatoprotective activity of six polyherbal formulations in CCl4-induced liver toxicity in mice
C Girish*, Bidhan Chandra Konera, S Jayanthib, K Ramachandra Raoc, B Rajeshc & Suresh Chandra Pradhan
Department of Pharmacology, Biochemistrya, Pathologyb and Anatomyc, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry, India, 605 006.
Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. Vol. 47, April 2009, pp. 257-263.
- Liv.52 attenuate copper induced toxicity by inhibiting glutathione depletion and increased antioxidant enzyme activity in HepG2 cells
Satyakumar Vidyashankar a,*, Pralhad Sadashiv Patki b
a Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Research and Development, The Himalaya Drug Company, Makali, Bengaluru 562 123, India.
b Department of Medical Services and Clinical Trials, Research and Development, The Himalaya Drug Company, Makali, Bengaluru 562 162, India.
Food and Chemical Toxicology 48 (2010) 1863–1868.
- Hepatoprotective activity of six polyherbal formulations in paracetamol induced liver toxicity in mice
C. Girish, B.C. Koner*, S. Jayanthi**, K.R. Rao†, B. Rajesh† & S.C. Pradhan
Departments of Pharmacology, *Biochemistry, **Pathology & †Anatomy, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry, India.
The Indian Journal of Medical Research, 129, May 2009, pp 569-578.
- COMPARATIVE HEPATOPROTECTIVE ACTIVITY OF LIV-52 AND SILYMARINE AGAINST HEPATOTOXICITY INDUCED BY ANTIANDROGEN –BICALUTAMIDE IN RATS
V.B. FULZELE*, A.T. SHEDAGE, A. ANTON SMITH, T.V. GAIKWAD, S.R. KIRTANE
Department of Pharmacy, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu 608002, India.
International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol 4, Suppl 3, 2012.
- Liv.52 up-regulates cellular antioxidants and increase glucose uptake to circumvent oleic acid induced hepatic steatosis in HepG2 cells
Satyakumar Vidyashankara,*, L.M. Sharath Kumarb, Vandana Barooaha, R. Sandeep Varmaa, Krishna S. Nandakumara, Pralhad Sadashiv Patkic
a Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Research and Development, The Himalaya Drug Company, Makali, Bengaluru 562 123, India.
b Phytochemistry, Research and Development, The Himalaya Drug Company, Makali, Bengaluru 562 123, India.
c Medical Services and Clinical Trials, Research and Development, The Himalaya Drug Company, Makali, Bengaluru 562 123, India.
- The Use of LIV-52 in the Prophylaxis of Adverse Effects of Chemotherapy in Tuberculosis
Alisherov A.S *, Ioktoganova A.A*, Kurmanova N.K*
*National centre for tunerculosis, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
Central Asian Medical Journal, Vol XI, Supplement 5, 2005.
- A Novel Herbal Formulation ‘‘LiverCare’’ Differentially Regulates Primary Rat Hepatocyte and Hepatocarcinoma Cell Proliferation In Vitro
Satyakumar Vidyashankar1, Sandeep Varma R1, Mohammed Azeemudin2, Ashok Godavarthi1, Krishna S. Nandakumar1 and Pralhad Sadashiv Patki3
Departments of 1Cell Biology and Biochemistry, 2Pharmacology and Toxicology, and 3Medical Services and Clinical Trials, Research and Development, The Himalaya Drug Company, Makali, Bengaluru, India.
JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL FOOD. 14 (9) 2011, 1–9.
In the prevention and treatment of alcoholic liver disease
- Effect of the hepatoprotective drug Liv.52 on liver damage
M. Kalab, T. Krechler Internal Clinic of the Medical Faculty of the Charles University in Prague and The Military Faculty Hospital in Prague, The Journal of Czech Physicians (1997): (136), 24, 758-760.
- Effect of Liv.52, a herbal preparation, on absorption and metabolism of ethanol in humans
Chauhan, B.L. and Kulkarni, R.D., R&D Centre, The Himalaya Drug Co., Bombay, Maharashtra, European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology (1991): 40, 189.
- Blood, urine ethanol and acetaldehyde levels from six different alcoholic beverages and effect of Liv.52
Kulkarni, R.D. and Chauhan, B.L., R&D Centre, The Himalaya Drug Co., Bombay, Maharashtra, European Journal of Pharmacology (1990): (183), 5, 1865.
In the prevention and treatment of pre-cirrhotic conditions and early cirrhosis
- The efﬁcacy of Liv-52 on liver cirrhotic patients: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled ﬁrst approach
H. Fallah Huseinia*, S.M. Alavianb, R. Heshmatc, M.R. Heydarid, K. Abolmaalie
a Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Medicinal Plants, No. 97, Bozorgmehr St., Ghods St., Enghelab Ave., Tehran, Iran. b Baqiatallah University of Medical Sciences, Tehran Hepatitis Center, Tehran, Iran.
c Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
d Endocrinology & Metabolism Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
e Baqiatallah University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran Phytomedicine 12(2005) 619-624.
- Role of Liv.52 in Indian childhood cirrhosis, with special reference to its effect on alpha-I-antitrypsin levels
Nawal Kishore Agrawal, Prasad, R., Manju Sharma and Sharma, B.B., S.N. Medical College and Hospital, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, Asian Medical Journal (1982): 9, 647.
- Role of Liv.52 in management of Indian childhood cirrhosis
Shakuntala Saxena (Mrs.), Ashok Kumar Garg and Ashok Jain, Department of Paediatrics, S.M.S. Medical College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan, Current Medical Practice. (1980): (24), 7, 269.
- Role of Liv.52 in hepatitis and cirrhosis of the liver
Mallik K.K. and Pal, M.B., Department of Medicine, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Calcutta, West Bengal, Current Medical Practice (1979): 23, 5.
- Liv.52 – A new therapeutic agent in the management of steatorrhoea of cirrhosis of the liver
Patney, N.L., Jasuja, R.K. and Ashok Kumar, Postgraduate Department of Medicine, S.N. Medical College, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, Journal of Research in Indian Medicine (1973): 3, 28.
- Therapy of cirrhosis of liver and liver damage with indigenous drugs – Experimental and clinical studies
Shantilal C. Sheth, Basil J. Northover, Tibrewala, N.S., Warerkar, U.R. and Karande, V.S. B.Y.L. Nair Hosptial and Topiwala National Medical College and the Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, Indian Journal of Paediatrics (1960): 27, 204.
- Long-term studies on the therapy of hepatic damage and cirrhosis of liver
Lala Surajnandan Prasad, Patna Medical College and Prince of Wales Hospital, Patna, Bihar Sinha, K.N., Prince of Wales Hospital, Patna, Bihar, Devendra Tripathy and Prasad, K., Research Scholar, Patna, Bihar, Current Medical Practice (1971): (15), 12, 1071.
In the prevention and treatment of protein energy malnutrition
- Effect of Liv.52 therapy in malnourished children
Shakuntala Saxena, (Mrs.), Ashok Kumar Garg and Ashok Jain, Department of Paediatrics, S.M.S. Medical College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan, Current Medical Practice (1980): 6, 229.
- Malnutrition – Hepatic function and Liv.52 therapy
Khetarpal, S.K., Leela Ramkumar and Ram Lubhaya, Department of Paediatrics, Medical College, Patiala, Punjab, Current Medical Practice (1972): (16), 11, 481.
In the prevention and treatment of loss of appetite
- Clinical Evaluation and safety of Liv.52 Drops in the management of loss of appetite in children: A subset analysis
Subhasish S. Bhattacharya,Department of Pediatrics, Medical College, Kolkata, India Pralhad S. Patki, M.D., Head - Medical Services and Clinical Trials, S.K. Mitra, M.D., Executive Director,R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bengaluru-562 123, India. The Antiseptic 2008; 105(3): 139-141
In the prevention and treatment of radiation and chemotherapy-induced liver damage
- Liv.52 in the Prevention of Hepatotoxicity in Patients Receiving Antitubercular Drugs: A Meta-analysis
SV Dange Professor, Dept. of Pharmacology DY Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre, Pune Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Vol. 21, No. 2, July 2010
- Herbomineral preparations as adjuvants to chemotherapy in cancer breast
Durgesh Kumar Acharya, M.K.C.G. Medical College and Hospital, Berhampur, Ganjam, Orissa, The Antiseptic (1994): (91), 2, 67.
As an adjuvant with hepatotoxic drugs
- Effect of hepatoprotective agent Liv.52 on nutrition parameters in hemodialysis patients
Gordana Perunicic-Pekovic, Ljiljana Komadina, Steva Pljesa, Zorica Rasic-Milutinovic, Rodoljub Markovic, Department of Nephrology, University Hospital, Zemun-Belgrade and Natasa Milic, Institute of Statistics, Belgrade Medical School, Zemun-Belgrade, Medicine Update - Anniversary Issue, 2003, pp. 52-56.
- Effect of phytotherapy on prevention and elimination of hepatotoxic reactions in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis and carriers of hepatitis B virus markers
Galitsky, L.A., Barnaulov, O.D., Zaretskii, B.V., Malkov, M.I., Konenkov, S.I., Gol’m, N.P., Tomakov, V.S., Ogarkov, P.I. and Batskov, S.S. Military Academy of Medicine, Human Brain Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Problems of Tuberculosis, (1997): 4, 35.
- Use of hepatoprotective agents in hepatomegaly syndrome in children: An experience with Liv.52 Syrup
Otilia Marginean, MD, PhD, Ioana Micle, MD, PhD, Maria Lesovici, MD, PhD, Pediatric Hospital "Louis Turcanu", Timisoara, Romania, Raluca Balean, MD, Budiu Ioana, MD, County Hospital Nr. 1, Timisoara, Romania, and Edited by: Kala Suhas Kulkarni, MD, MCPS Medical Advisor, R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, Medicine Update (2002): (10), 8, 57.
- LIV.52 IN ALCOHOLIC HEPATITIS
Padmaja S Nikam*1, Shashikant V Nikam1 and Ajit Sontakke2 ; 1Department of Biochemistry, Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, Belgaum, Karnataka, India. 2Department of Biochemistry, KIMS, Karad, Maharashtra, India. Nikam P S et al. / Pharmacie Globale (IJCP) 2011, 10 (06)