Total no. of papers:50 - Clinical Papers:39, Experimental Papers:11
(Research papers based on Indications)
As a daily health supplement in infection-prone individuals
- Immunomodulatory activity of Septilin
Praveen Kumar, V., Kuttan, G. and Kuttan, R., Amala Cancer Research Centre, Thrissur, Kerala, Amla Research Bulletin (1992): 12, 49.
- Prophylactic role of Septilin in prevention of upper respiratory tract infections (URTI) in chronic smokers
Agrawal, N.K. and Veena Agrawal, Department of Physiology, S.N. Medical College, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, The Medicine and Surgery (1986): (26), 5, 25.
- Response of phagocytic co-efficient to different therapeutic agents in chronic skin infections
Behl, P.N. and Tripathi, R.L., Aspects of Allergy and Applied Immunology (1975): (8), 137.
- Herbal anti-inflammatory immunomodulators as host modulators in chronic periodontitis patients: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, clinical trial
Girish D. Deore*, Abhijit N. Gurav, Rahul Patil, Abhijeet R. Shete, Ritam S. Naiktari, Saurabh P. Inamdar *Department of Periodontology, Tatyasaheb Kore Dental College and Research Centre, New Pargaon, Kolhapur, India.
Journal of Periodontal & Implant Science. 2014;44:71-78
- Ameliorative effect of septilin, an ayurvedic preparation against γ-irradiationinduced oxidative stress and tissue injury in rats
Heba Hosny Mansoura*, Naglaa El-Sayed Rifaat Ismaelb and Hafez Farouk Hafezc
aHealth Radiation Research Department, National Center for Radiation Research and Technology, Atomic Energy Authority, P.O. Box 29, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
bDepartment of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Fayoum University, 64514 Fayoum, Egypt
cPharmacology Unit, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University, Egypt
Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics. Vol. 51, April 2014, pp. 135-141
- A Clinico–Biochemical Evaluation of the Role of a Herbal (Ayurvedic) Immunomodulator in Chronic Periodontal Disease: A Pilot Study
Shreya Shetty1, Aditi Bose2, Srirangarajan Sridharan1, Aparna Satyanarayana1, Aparna Rahul3
1MDS.* 2BDS. Postgraduate Student.* 3MDS. Head.*
*Department of Periodontics, Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences & Postgraduate Research, Karnataka State, India.
Journal of Oral Health and Dental Management - Vol. 12 - No. 2 - June, 2013
In the management of upper respiratory tract infections
- Clinical Efficacy and Safety of Septilin Tablets in Respiratory Tract Infections: A Meta-analysis
Medha Kshirsagar*, D Palaniyamma**, S Gopumadhavan**, Pralhad S Patki**
* Dept. of Pharmacology, BJ Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital, Pune.
** R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Makali, Bangalore, India.
Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Vol. 20, No. 8, January 2010
- Clinical quiesence matrix of Septilin in respiratory tract infection: By indigenous medicine
Mohapatra, P., University Employees Health Services, Mohapatra, S.C. and Gupta, J.N.P., Statistician, Department of Community Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India, Indian Journal of Preventive & Social Medicine (2002): (33), 1&2, 42-46.
- Septilin versus actifed in chronic non-specific pharyngitis
Nehru, V., Department of ENT, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, Punjab, The Indian Practitioner (2001): (54), 7, 501.
- Role of Septilin in chronic pharyngitis
Bal Mukund Prasad Singh, E.N.T. Department, Patna Medical College Hospital, Patna, Bihar, Indian Medical Journal (1992): (86), 1, 12.
- Double-blind study to assess the efficacy of Septilin in acute rhinitis
Sharma, S.C., Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Rakesh Bhargava, Department of Medicine, and Singhal, K.C., Department of Pharmacology, J.N. Medical College, Aligarh Muslim Univesity, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, Indian Journal of Pharmacology (1990): (22), 2, 103.
- Role of Septilin in chronic tonsillitis
Das, M.R., Department of E.N.T., Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi, Current Medical Practice (1988): 32, 1.
- Clinical trial of Septilin in recurrent upper respiratory tract infections in children
Gaunekar, L. and Philomena Pereira, Department of Paediatrics, Goa Medical College, Panjim, Goa, The Antiseptic (1988): (85), 4, 190.
- Septilin in upper respiratory tract infections
Pranesh Nigam, Kapoor, K.K., Rajindra Singh, Awadhesh K. Agrawal and Gupta, A.K., Department of Medicine, B.R.D. Medical College, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, The Medicine and Surgery (1985): (25), 2, 28.
- Septilin in otolaryngology
Luley, S. and Kalbande, V., Department of ENT, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur, Maharashtra, The Indian Practitioner (1984): 11, 1045.
- Clinical trial of Septilin in upper respiratory tract infection and sinusitis
Mishra, D.N. and Tirlochan Singh, M.L.B. Medical College, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, The Medicine and Surgery (1981): (XXI), 5, 42.
- Septilin in cases of chronic suppurative otitis media
Agrawal, S.R. and Saxena, A.K., Postgraduate Student, Department of E.N.T., G.R. Medical College, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, The Antiseptic (1980): 9, 527.
- Clinical effects of a combination of indigenous herbs in otorhinolaryngologic infections
Lakshmipathi, G. and Venugopala Rao, B., Department of Otolaryngology, Kurnool Medical College and General Hospital, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, Journal of Indian Medical Association (1962): 4, 174.
- Balsamodendron mukul compound in the treatment of respiratory and other infections
Shantilal C. Sheth, Tibrewala, Warerkar, U.R. and Karande, V.S., Department of Paediatrics, B.Y.L. Nair Hospital and Topiwala National Medical College, Bombay, Maharashtra, Journal of the Indian Medical Profession (1959): 5, 2767.
- Treatment of upper respiratory infections with Septilin
Gokhale, S.G., Dr. Balabhai Nanavati Hospital, Vile Parle, Bombay, and Wakharia, P.V., St. George Hospital, Bombay, Maharashtra, Current Medical Practice (1958): (2), 10, 616.
In the management of lower respiratory tract infections
- Clinical evaluation of Septilin in chronic bronchitis
Bhasin, R.C., Dr. R.M. Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, The Indian Practitioner (1990): (43), 1, 83.
In the management of allergic disorders of upper respiratory tract
- Evaluation of antihistaminic activity of Septilin
Shahani, S., Dhadkar, V.N. and Maroli, S., Department of Pharmacology, L.T.M. Medical College, Sion, Bombay, Maharashtra, Indian Journal of Pharmacology (1993): 25, 114.
- Septilin and Geriforte in allergic and vasomotor rhinitis
Grewal, D.S., Sharma, B.K., Shah, D.D. and Sheode, J.H., Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Topiwala National Medical College and B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Bombay, Maharashtra, Auris Nasusu Larynx (Tokyo) (1985): 12, 95.
- Septilin in the treatment of tropical eosinophilia
Prusty, P.K., Mahapatra, M.K., Mishra, G.C. and Das, R.K., Department of Medicine, S.C.B. Medical College, Cuttack, Orissa, Indian Medical Journal (1985): (79), 12, 161.
- Indigenous drug combination in the treatment of rhinosinal infections and allergic rhinitis (A preliminary report on the study of the effect of Septilin)
Cooper, R.A.F. and Merchant, N.R., Bombay Hospital, Bombay, Maharashtra, Indian Journal of Otolaryngology (1958): (X), 4, 1.
Respiratory tract infection
- Clinical study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Septilin tablets in respiratory tract infection: An open clinical study
Dr. Kavitha Rajarathna MBBS., MD., Lecturer, Department of pharmacology Bangalore Medical College, K.G.Halli, Bangalore
Dr. Suprabha Hegde MS (Ayu), Research associate, The Himalaya Drug company, Makali, Bangalore, India
Dr. D.Palaniyamma, M.D. Medical Advisor R&D Center The Himalaya Drug Company Makali, Bangalore, India
In the management of skin and soft tissue infections and inflammations
- Role of combination of multiple herbal drugs (Septilin) in the prophylaxis of diabetic foot ulcer - A double blind trial
Singh, S.K., Department of Endocrinology & Metabolism, Institute of Medical Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Indian Journal of Dermatology (2001): (46), 2, 83.
- Septilin in dermatological disorders
Saraswat, P.K. and Gangil, R., Postgraduate Student, Department of Medicine (Skin and V.D. Section), G.R. Medical College, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, Indian Medical Gazette (1984): May, 152.
- Septilin in infective dermatoses
Sharma, S.K., Agrawal, H.O., Dharam Pal and Bikhchandani, Department of Skin and Sexual Transmitted Diseases, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi, Current Medical Practice (1984): 8, 603.
- Efficacy of Septilin in burns cases
Das, R.A.P., Department of Plastic Surgery, Victoria Hospital, Bangalore, Karnataka, The Indian Practitioner (1983): 4, 169.
In the management of dental and periodontal infections
- Role of Septilin in treatment of pyorrhoea and acute periodontitis
Jain, R.C., S.N. Medical College and Hospital, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, The Medicine and Surgery (1981): (XXI), 7, 21.
In the management of infective and inflammatory conditions of the eye
- Septilin in ophthalmology
Chauhan, B.S., Medical College, Rohtak, Uttar Pradesh, Probe (1985): (XXIV), 3, 184.
- A trial study of Septilin in ophthalmic and other infective conditions
Rao, S.M., Central Hospital, South Central Railway, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, Probe (1984): (XXIII), 3, 158.
In the management of bone and joint infections
- Role of Septilin in the management of chronic osteomyelitis
John, P.S., Department of Orthopaedics, T.D. Medical College, Alleppey, Kerala, Probe (1985): (XXIV), 3, 173.
In the management of urinary tract infections
- Septilin in the management of urinary tract infections
Avinash Shankar, Diplomat-Board of Paediatrics (New York), Diplomat-Centre of Applied Medicine (Nepal), Journal of National Integrated Medical Assocaition (1986): (XXVIII), 11,15.
- Comparative Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety of “Septilin Syrup” with Prophylactic Antibiotics, in Preventing Postoperative Infections in Children
Gangopadhyay A N*, Sen M R**, Kolhapure S A***
* Department of Pediatric Surgery, ** Department of Microbiology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. *** Senior Medical Advisor, R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bangalore, India. The Indian Practitioner July 2005
- Evaluation of immunomodulatory efficacy and safety of Septilin syrup, as an adjunct in solid malignancy pediatric patients on chemotherapy: a prospective, randomised, controlled, phase III clinical trial
Dr. A. N. Gangopadhyaya, M.S., M.Ch.1, Dr. M. R. Sen, M.D.2, B.N. Shukla3, and Dr. S.A. Kolhapure, M.D.4*, 1Professor and Head, Department of Pediatric Surgery, 2Professor and Head, Department of Microbiology, 3Senior Technician, Department of Microbiology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 4Senior Medical Advisor, R&D Center, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bangalore, India.fn, Medicine Update 2004; 12(5), 55-64.
- Serum immunoglobulins in infertile males with seminal tract infection: Effect of an indigenous drug (Septilin)
Lalit K. Kothari, Manorama Jain, Hitesh Gupta and Praveen Sharma, Department of Physiology, S.M.S. Medical College and Indian Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur, Rajashtan, Annals of National Academy Medical Sciences (India) (1989): (25), 4, 363.
- Prevention of infection in granulocytopaenic patients – A controlled comparison of Septilin with an antibiotic regimen
Suresh Sanchetee, Jodhpur Hospital and Research Centre, Jodhpur, Amita Sanchetee (Mrs.), S.N. Medical College and Attached Group of Hospitals, Jodhpur, and Major Sanchetee, P.C., Military Hospital, New Delhi, Current Medical Practice (1987): 4, 97.
Review Article on Respiratory Infections
- Management of Respiratory Infections in Children with Special Reference to Septilin Syrup
Dr NR Munoli, Consulting Paediatrician, Munoli Paediatric Hospital, Belgaum, Karnataka (India). Journal of Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, 2010; May: 175-182